Monday, July 13, 2009

Nets Standard for Teachers


"Teachers continuously improve their professional practice, model lifelong
learning, and exhibit leadership in their school and professional community by
promoting and demonstrating the effective use of digital tools and
resources."


This was my first year as an mlti teacher leader in my building. I would like to continue to build my own knowledge so that I can model different types of technology usage in my own classroom and also share what I'm doing with other teachers. I would like to get comfortable with tools like wikis, blogs and podcasts both for use in my own classroom and hopefully to encourage others to use them too.

I was very happy to see that there are NETS standards for administrators as well. Creating a school culture where integrating technology is the norm has to come from the administrators, building-wide and district-wide. Administrators need to model the use of technology with the teachers just as teachers need to model it for their students.


1 comment:

  1. Sashi,

    As I have sat across the table from you, I have been so impressed with your techonological je ne sais quoi. You seem very savy. It now makes perfect sense that you are a MLTI teacher leader in your building. As Will Richardson impresses upon his readers in his book Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools in the Classrooms, we can best be inspiring by being inspired ourselves. It seems that you are not only inspired but truly interested, excited, and committed to improving literacy in technology. I hope your administration supports you. Courage!

    ReplyDelete